Accepted papers for Medea 2023 Workshop will be given guidelines in preparing and submitting the final manuscript(s) together with the notification of acceptance. The papers accepted for the conference and workshops will be published by IEEE Conference Publishing Service and will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore. Authors of accepted papers, or at least one of them, are requested to register and present their work at the conference, otherwise their papers will be removed from the digital library after the conference.
Final camera-ready papers must comply with Conference Publishing Services (CPS) style and be uploaded via their submission page until April 7th, 2023. Please follow the instructions carefully given on the submission page, which will be available soon in this section.
MEDEA 2023 targets to accept 8-9 full papers, which will be grouped in sessions of 2-3 papers. Each paper will have a presentation slot of 20 minutes, plus 10 minutes for questions. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. There is a length limitation of 6 pages (including title, abstract, all figures, tables, and references) for regular conference workshop papers (IEEE double column format). We will also consider organizing a short paper or a poster session to stimulate discussions.
Our goal is to have at least 20 submissions of which, at maximum, 8-9 full papers will be accepted.
Hence, this results in an acceptance ratio of 40 – 45 %. We believe this is possible due to a number of reasons:
– Ambient Assisted Living are a very important topic. We strongly believe that we can attract submissions from other networking-related communities which are not active in the network management community.
– The main organizers are all involved in several research projects related to the AAL topic. Partners of these projects will be interested in contributing to this workshop.
We will adopt the following publicity strategy:
- The advertising will start right after the notification of acceptance.
- Logo + website for the workshop within a few days. A logo and look and feel of the workshop is being designed and, if accepted, a website for the workshop will be on-line in a few days.
- We will discuss with possible collaborators from projects (e.g., the COST actions) to ensure a good number of submissions.
- In terms of advertising we aim at online and offline measures:
- Typical general mailing lists like tccc, mycolleagues; network management related communication channels (for that we want to find suitable publication chairs); project internal communication channels.
- The CFP will be published on the Wiki CFP website.