Call for Papers
Monitoring and EviDEnce-based protocols, applications and platforms for active living and Aging - MEDEA
Effective AAL systems to be used for health/elderly monitoring, for example, need appropriate technological support. The technology is developed for new smart type of sensors, for networking / interconnectivity support, for data storing and processing. Integrated, resilient approach based on technologies capable to support interoperability (as in IoT and IoE newer models) are today more-than-ever needed. The workshop is meant as an opportunity where practitioners in the field can present results, showing technologies where body-worn sensor send its data to the hospital platforms, where a physician can request in natural language information about the whereabouts of the patient, that are translated automatically into processing algorithms that use correctly various formats data is being fed in.
Besides the different components required to realize AAL systems, the workshop aims to be a holistic investigation of the design, planning, and operational phases of such systems. The design phase covers platform, protocol and API considerations based on the specific application scenario. The planning phase then involves the specific use-cases and daily life activities. It combines application modelling and capacity planning to ensure a functional system. The third phase, the operational phase, highlights solutions and mechanisms integrating platform and service monitoring, control and optimization of user-relevant and service-relevant metrics like service quality, service reliability, and energy efficiency.
1. Technologies ranging from smart sensors to future communication approaches and distributed platforms to support effective AAL systems
2. Design, planning and operational issues of AAL systems and architectures
3. Internet of Things and Internet of Everything related technologies enabling AAL
4. Applications and use-cases in the AAL domain
5. Security and privacy related considerations in the AAL domain
Lidia Bajenaru, National Institute for Research and Development in Informatics (ICI Bucharest), Romania
Ciprian Dobre, National Institute for Research and Development in Informatics (ICI Bucharest), Romania
Technical Program Committee
- Marilena Ianculescu, National Institute for Research and Development in Informatics (ICI Bucharest), Romania
- Constandinos X. Mavromoustakis, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Ioan Salomie, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- George Mastorakis, Technological Educational Institute of Crete, Greece
- Sergio L. Toral Marín, University of Seville, Spain
- Jordi Mongay Batalla, Warsaw, University of Technology, Poland
- Susanna Spinsante, Marche Polytechnic University, Ancona, Italy
- Florin Pop, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
- Horacio Gonzalez-Velez, National College of Ireland, Ireland
- Mauro Migliardi, University of Padua, Italy
- Kuan-Ching Li, Providence University, Taiwan
- Paper submission: March 12, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: March 26, 2019
- Final version of papers due: April 2, 2019
- Workshop date: May 28-30, 2019
Accepted papers will be given guidelines in preparing and submitting the final manuscript(s) together with the notification of acceptance. All accepted papers will be published by IEEE Conference Publishing Services and will be indexed in IEEE Digital Xplore Digital Library. CSCS22 Proceedings will be submitted to Web of Science indexing. CSCS21 (previous edition) papers are indexed by Thomson Reuters Web of Science.
Authors of accepted papers, or at least one of them, are requested to register and present their work at the conference, otherwise their papers will be removed from the digital library after the conference.
Authors are invited to submit papers written in English. All submissions will be reviewed based on originality, significance, quality and clarity. The Program Committee will select the contributions after rigorous peer-review.
Please send your paper(s) with no more than 8 pages, using the IEEE conference format. You can confirm the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Author Guidelines at the following web page:
Each paper will have a presentation slot of 20 minutes, plus 10 minutes for questions. For submissions only PDF format is accepted. CSCS22 uses Easychair for papers submission, using the link at:
Please select the Medea – 2019 entry. Please check also https://cscs22.hpc.pub.ro/ for additional details regarding submission procedure.